The Open and Distance Learning Centre of Olabisi Onabanjo University is planned to be a centre of academic excellence where knowledge, skills and values shall be pursued relentlessly to ensure the flowering of human abilities, service to the Nigerian Nation and the world at large in the wider context of traditional wisdom and culture.
The mission statement of the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Centre of Olabisi Onabanjo University is:
To provide access to flexible and high-quality education for our learners and the public through excellence in teaching, research, creative activities and service to the state, society and the world at large. In pursuing this Mission, the Open and Distance Learning Centre (ODLC) of Olabisi Onabanjo University shall aspire to:
- Provide flexible learning conditions, in order to accommodate people with special learning needs and help individuals reach their potentials through lifelong Education.
- Be guided by its Philosophy and Vision.
- Be nurtured in the best international and cross-cultural traditions of University education.
- Provide excellent undergraduate and professional educational programmes and produce high quality human resources that will promote the development of the society.
- Admit achievement-oriented and socially responsible learners who will, under competent teaching and professional staff, acquire and develop knowledge, skills and proper values that will enrich their lives and prepare them to meet the needs and challenges of the contemporary world.
- Provide a conducive environment which enhances learner’s learning and character development and sustain highly competent staff dedicated to the pursuit of teaching, research and community service.
- Pursue viable and relevant research that stimulates economic growth and social advancement of its host community as well as scientific and technological transformation which meet the challenges of Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Be in constant contact with relevant institutions, organizations and bodies within the host community and beyond, and adopt a broad-based consultative approach in its research and learning processes; and
viii. Strive to preserve cherished beliefs, values and traditions of its host community while ready to adjust to changing conditions and taking cognizance of emerging opportunities.