Vice Chancellors Message
Prof. Ganiyu Olatunji Olatunde
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you as learners to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Open and Distance Learning Centre. Massification and Democratisation of higher education via Open and Distance Learning as advocated globally has since been one of the goals of Olabisi Onabanjo University Management, hence, Open and Distance Learning constitutes one of the areas of focus since my assumption of duty.
Through the efforts of the University Governing Council and Senate, the establishment of the Open and Distance Learning Centre was approved in July, 2016. Open and Distance Learning is a mode of study that affords tertiary education opportunities to all and sundry regardless of age, gender, location, space and other limiting factors. Quite a large number of qualified applicants for tertiary education are denied admission yearly; there are also several others who wish to advance educationally but could not, because of their job which is their means of livelihood.
Olabisi Onabanjo University via its Open and Distance Learning Centre offers quality, technology driven, flexible, self directed and cost effective tertiary education. It is a viable option for learners who wish to study online from their location and at desired time. This handbook provides learners vital information relevant to our programme and schedules. I advice learners to make judicious use of it.
I congratulate our Open and Distance Learning Centre Staff, Department and Faculties for their effort towards the production of this handbook. I hope your learning experience with the Olabisi Onabanjo University Open and Distance Learning Centre is memorable and exciting.
Professor Ganiyu Olatunji Olatunde holds a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Zoology, Second Class Upper Division of the University of Lagos, a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Biology and a Doctorate Degree in Agriculture, both of the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.Professor Ganiyu Olatunji Olatunde had been a Research Officer I with the Nigerian Stored Products Research Institute Lagos, and Research Fellow with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan before joining the services of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, where he was for 20 years before being appointed by the Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State. Read more
- Awujale rallies Ijebu Indigenes for VC’s Lodge Project OOU is our Pride, Says Monarch
- OOU Bulletin A Publication of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria ISSN: 0794-5396 Vol. 21 No. 1 SEPTEMBER, 2020
- OOU Bulletin Vol. 101 October, 2020
- Of Infrastructural Development, Walkways and Beautification of OOU
- Global Art Competition: VC Receives Award-Winning Student
- PhD, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- M.Sc, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- B.Sc., University of Lagos, Lagos
- GCE, Anwar-Ul-Islam College, Agege, Lagos
- WAEC, Ansar-Ud-Deen College, Isolo, Lagos
Membership of Academic And Professional Bodies
- Fellow, Nigerian Society for Plant Protection
- Member, Entomological Society of Nigeria
- Member, Agricultural Society of Nigeria